Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Day 7: July 25th


Day 7: July 25th

I just want to start off by saying the weather today was amazing...probably the best weather we have had since we arrived!  It was sunny and warm all day with not a drop of rain!

Anyways...the girls had their normal 7:45 am wake up call for breakfast which consisted of the same old English items.  Some of the girls have admitted that they don't care for the food but they are making the best of it (I must admit I'm looking forward to a homecooked meal when I get back).

The turn around between breakfast and training was very quick because the girls had to be on the field by 9 am.  They had a mini one hour training session where they worked on inserting, stopping and striking for offensive corners.  The girls had the opportunity to try all three positions if they desired.  I have a good feeling about our offensive corners for our final match on Friday against Kingston.

 

 

 The girls headed back to their rooms to get ready for our trip to Brighton.  Around 11 am, we boarded the bus and we were off for the day.  Upon arriving in Brighton, we walked to the shore and headed to the Pier for arcade games, fish and chips and rides!  The girls broke off in groups of at least 3 and they had an hour and a half to do as they pleased on the Pier.  Some girls bought a wristband to go on endless rides while others treated themselves to nutella filled crepes topped with ice cream.  The only issue on the Pier was the seagulls!  They were ruthless and will take food right out of your hands. Needless to say the Pier was a huge hit.


Around 2 pm, we headed back to the center of Brighton so the girls could do some more shopping. They had just under 3 hours to shop, eat lunch and explore Brighton.  I bought myself and my mom a London sweatshirt and my 2 nephews a stuffed teddy bear (I have been trying my best to not spend too much money).  A couple of the players from the Lewes FH Club met up with our girls and toured them around Brighton which I thought was very nice.

Just after 5 pm, everyone met back up and Christine and I walked around our group to see what all the girls purchased.  The big purchase of the day was Percy Pigs which are these pig shaped gummies that can only be found at Marks and Spencer.  These were a huge hit last year and they seem to be a huge hit again.

We got back to campus around 6:30 pm and went right to dinner in the dining hall.  After dinner, the girls showered and put away their purchases away then the FH coaches walked the girls down to the on-campus reservoir.  I didn't get a chance to see it but the girls enjoyed it.






No comments:

Post a Comment